I’ll deliver a presentation about the dynamics of social media and online influence on Jan. 24 in Waltham, MA. If you’re in the area, please consider coming and supporting the nonprofit Massachusetts Technology Leadership Council, which is sponsoring the presentation. Mass TLC does good work promoting the growth of the technology industry in Massachusetts and throughout New England. If we’ve never met before, be sure to come up and say hello!
The New Influencers: A Marketer’s Guide to the New Social Media
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Where: Foley Hoag Emerging Enterprise Center
Bay Colony Corporate Center
1000 Winter Street, Suite 400
Waltham, MA 02451
The Mass Technology Leadership Council presents Paul Gillin, author of the book The New Influencers.
Blogging, podcasting and other social media are profoundly disrupting the mainstream media and marketing industries. Paul Gillin’s The New Influencers explores these forces by identifying the influencers, their goals and their motivations. The book also offers advice for marketers at both large and small organizations on how to influence the influencers.
This presentation explores:
- Why social media are now so important in consumer decisions
- How to leverage the blogosphere to enhance your company’s message
- Strategies for taking advantage of this new medium
- The need for transparency and how to make it work for your benefit
- Action items for both small and large businesses
- Whether and how your organization should use blogs, podcasts and other social media tools in your marketing strategy
Cost: Members $40.00; Non-members $80.00
Signup form: http://function.masstlc.org/programs_new/event_single.cfm?eventid=808