From yesterday’s BtoB magazine NetMarketing Breakfast in New York, here are some facts and figures from Adam Christensen, Social Media Communications Manager at IBM, about Big Blue’s use of social media tools:
- Internal blogs: 17,000
- Members of the Beehive social network: 60,000
- Daily page views on IBM’s internal wiki: 1,000,000
- Participants in its four Innovation Jams: 500,000
- IBMers on Twitter: 3,000
- IBMers on Facebook: 52,000
- IBMers on LinkedIn: 198,000
For a company with 400,000 employees, those numbers are pretty impressive. They’re all the more remarkable when you consider that, 20 years ago, IBM had one of the most buttoned down command-and-control cultures of any company on the planet.
Adam works on strategy and standards for IBM’s global social media activities. Follow him on Twitter.